Scholarships & Exchanges
CEEPUS exchanges for Central and Eastern Europe
CEEPUS (Central European Exchange Programme for University Studies) is an exchange academic program that is being carried out in 15 Central-European countries: Albania, Austria, Bosnia-Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Hungary, Moldova, Montenegro, North Macedonia, Poland, Romania, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia.
The programme offers short-term and long-term mobility opportunities to students and allows them to spend a study period abroad (long-term mobility) or conduct research for a master’s thesis or doctoral dissertation at another partner higher education institution (short-term mobility). CEEPUS is based on university networks comprising at least three higher education institutions (or their faculties and departments) from the CEEPUS countries. There are two types of mobility: mobility inside CEEPUS networks (network mobility) and mobility outside CEEPUS networks (free movers). CEEPUS mobility grants include a paid tuition and a monthly remuneration. Depending on the country, students can also be entitled to free accommodation and discounted meals.
1. Short-term student: last a maximum of 3 months, intended for undertaking research for a master’s thesis or a doctoral dissertation
2. Long-term student: a minimum of 3 months, maximum 2 academic semesters, enables students to spend part of their studies at another higher education institution in one of the participating countries (15 Central-European countries)
3. Short-term excursions: for participants of short group mobility (such as summer schools), lasting up to 6 days.
How to apply?
Applications have to be submitted online, through the CEEPUS official website. The application deadline for the summer semester is October 31 and for the winter semester is June 15. Freemovers can apply until November 30.
Contact the institution of your choice in Serbia to check whether it participates in the CEEPUS programme. For more detailed information about CEEPUS, visit the website of the programme www.ceepus.info or the National CEEPUS Office in Serbia.
Who can apply?
To be eligible:
1. One has to be a student at a higher education institution in a CEEPUS country who completed at least 2 semesters of studies.
2. To be a citizen of a CEEPUS member state. Foreign students who do not have the citizenship of a CEEPUS member state are also allowed to apply, however, they would need to submit an “equal status document” (residence card or visa).